We are fortunate to have an on-site laboratory with a full time Laboratory Technician. Our lab is open from 9.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday, and from 11am – 3pm on Saturdays. This allows us to process the majority of our samples in-house, quickly providing the vets with valuable information to enable diagnosis and monitoring of ongoing conditions.
- Analysis of blood samples:
- Haematology – to assess red and white blood cell parameters, an indication of health and immunity
- Biochemistry – useful in the assessment of organ function such as liver and kidneys
- Electrolytes – assessment of Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium levels
- Blood gas analysis
- Clotting profiles
- Canine and Feline Blood Typing
- Virus screening – including Canine Parvovirus and FeLV & FIV
- Urinalysis – samples can be assessed for evidence of diabetes, renal disease, bacterial urinary tract infection and crystals.
- Faecal analysis – diagnosis of faecal parasites and malabsorption problems
- Microscopy – to examine skin and hair samples
- Cytology –a useful diagnostic tool relating to the microscopic examination of cells for the investigation of clinical disorders
- Bacteriology – to enable culture and antibiotic sensitivity of organisms
We also offer a pre-anaesthetic screening to ensure your pet is in good health and suitable to undergo its procedure.
For dog breeders we offer a Premate blood test, which predicts the timing of ovulation, providing a guide as to when mating should occur.
When more specialised tests are required, samples may be sent to an external veterinary laboratory for analysis.
To speak to one of our team about our on-site laboratory services, please call us on 01708251200 today!